We call Engstrom the "Scandinavian School" of tube amplification artistry. As a point of interest, Asian tube design is dominated by the Japanese idealogy, which has more emphasis on the harmonic trail or ‘longer decay’ in general, and with it a gentler authority. The Swedish Engström on the other hand, has very clear and pure "sonority" as emphasised in its rendition of leading edges. Lars Engström, the chief engineer of Engström, has been a choir member since childhood. He understands the purity of tonality in audio design from his personal experiences. His tube electronics are acclaimed around the world. His latest creation, the ARNE 300B amplifier, qualifies as state of the art. It is a permanent fixture at AE Sheung Wan, driving a pair of Cessaro Firebirds, captivating audiophiles on a regular basis.
- Engström Monica Mk3 line preamplifier
- Engström ERIC power amplifiers review
- ENGSTRÖM ARNE integrated amplifier
- Engström ERIC Encore Mono Power Amplifers
- Engström ARNE Tube Amplifier
- Engström • Monica Preamplifier and Lars Mono Amplifiers